Seb who attended one of our clinics made these three changes to improve his aerobic threshold from 2.05 to 1.45 per 100m, resulting in a three-minute drop in his half-ironman swim time in just a couple of months!
- Seb’s head position has improved, resulting in better body position, higher hips, and improved breathing technique
- It is now within the desired range and slightly deeper in the water, with the top of the head still above the surface
- The improvement in head position has positively impacted his overall performance
- Seb has improved his timing and balance in his stroke by keeping his right arm reaching forward for a longer period of time
- This allows him to always have something in front of his head, improving his overall stroke and catch on his right side
THE CATCH/PULL PATTERN
- Seb’s left arm catch has significantly improved over the past few months, with a narrower hand and a more balanced position
- He now has a half diamond shape, passing under the shoulder, which is a good position for a good catch
- His right arm is still not perfect, but he is improving. He now has more bend at the elbow, with an ideal angle of 100-120 for a good catch
It’s time to break free from this frustrating plateau and start making real progress in your swimming journey!
Trying to swim faster by pushing yourself to work harder usually leaves you exhausted and out of breath without improving your speed. With our 8-week Faster Freestyle course, we’ll show you exactly what you need to do to become a better swimmer by mastering these advanced techniques:
✔️Breathing And Relaxation
✔️Posture, Head Position, And Kick
✔️Balance, Alignment, And Hand Position
✔️Rotation, Recovery, And Entry
✔️The Power Diamond
Start your journey with the 8-Week Faster Freestyle and feel the difference in your swimming immediately!
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 3 ways I can help you improve your swimming:
1. Join our 8-week Faster Freestyle program.
If you’re looking for a step-by-step way to become a faster swimmer in the next 8 weeks with the precise drills and workouts to do it, this is it – Click here
2. Join our Effortless Swimming membership for swimmers ready to move up a lane.
If you’re unsure where to start and what to do to find speed, I’m working with a group of swimmers and triathletes to increase their speed, efficiency, and swim fitness. – Click here
3. Work with me directly in our stroke analysis coaching.
If you’d like to work directly with me to take you from where you’re at to 15+ secs faster per 100m, you can record your swimming each week… – Click here