In this video, we take a look at what Olympic Gold Medalist Kyle Chalmers does well in his stroke to enable him to swim at such an incredible speed. Here are some of the points discussed in the video:
- Recovery part of the stroke involves shoulder coming out of the water
- Importance of avoiding overrotation through the shoulders
- Hand should be relaxed, elbow pointing to the sky or ceiling for a relaxed and open recovery
- Timing of breathing is important for successful catch
- Looking directly to the side and straight down helps maintain balance and alignment
- Catch is crucial, looking slightly forward and keeping neck long
- Entry into the water with fingers together, avoiding extra drag
- Hand and forearm should tip down, anchoring in the water
- Drills like Kickboard Press Down drill help open up chest and shoulders
It’s time to break free from this frustrating plateau and start making real progress in your swimming journey!
Trying to swim faster by pushing yourself to work harder usually leaves you exhausted and out of breath without improving your speed. With our 8-week Faster Freestyle course, we’ll show you exactly what you need to do to become a better swimmer by mastering these advanced techniques:
✔️Breathing And Relaxation
✔️Posture, Head Position, And Kick
✔️Balance, Alignment, And Hand Position
✔️Rotation, Recovery, And Entry
✔️The Power Diamond
Start your journey with the 8-Week Faster Freestyle and feel the difference in your swimming immediately!
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 3 ways I can help you improve your swimming:
1. Join our 8-week Faster Freestyle program.
If you’re looking for a step-by-step way to become a faster swimmer in the next 8 weeks with the precise drills and workouts to do it, this is it – Click here
2. Join our Effortless Swimming membership for swimmers ready to move up a lane.
If you’re unsure where to start and what to do to find speed, I’m working with a group of swimmers and triathletes to increase their speed, efficiency, and swim fitness. – Click here
3. Work with me directly in our stroke analysis coaching.
If you’d like to work directly with me to take you from where you’re at to 15+ secs faster per 100m, you can record your swimming each week… – Click here